Trusted, Compassionate & Relentless Injury Counsel

Misdiagnosis In St. Paul, MN

Would I Be Entitled To Compensation If I Was Misdiagnosed?

Suffering from a misdiagnosis or failure of diagnosis can have serious to fatal results. Getting the respect and proper treatment you deserve is vital, especially when you are paying medical bills to keep yourself healthy. Every doctor is educated on what symptoms to look for in regard to a particular disease or illness. They are trained to ask the right questions and listen to a patient’s medical history in order to make a proper diagnosis. It is important for a doctor or physician to take these steps seriously so that they can treat the patient to the best of their ability. Some rare diseases or special circumstances may make it difficult for a health care provider to figure out your symptoms, giving him a reprieve from any claims.

In the case of common diseases, however, your suffering may be the doctor’s fault if they were irresponsible, neglectful, or rash in their diagnosis. The trauma a misdiagnosis can cause may be hard for you to deal with. In the case of a lost loved one or difficult recovery, it could talk multiple years for you to heal. Don’t take on the liability that belongs to your neglectful health care provider. If you need to seek compensation for medical bills, emotional loss or trauma, the St. Paul misdiagnosis attorney at Rob Roe Law, LLC, may be able to help. With more than 25 years of experience, our team works hard to gain everything we can for our clients.

How Did They Miss That?

The challenge of becoming a doctor is steep, for good reason. It can take up to 15 years of undergrad studies, med school, residency and other training to earn a position in a hospital. Along with countless hours of reading and testing, becoming a doctor is a huge commitment and responsibility. All this work is to prove that they can be trusted by their patients. When you go into your doctor or physician’s office, you want to feel at ease, not doubting the diagnosis they give you. Doctors, despite having many years of experience, can make mistakes. There are times when those mistakes are understandable and other times when they are impermissible. In the case of medical malpractice, a doctor has made an impermissible mistake. Through negligence, laziness, poor scheduling, irresponsible judgment or lack of attention, they may miss an easy and obvious diagnosis. A mistake may cost serious injury, pain, suffering, or even a life. Getting help from a skilled misdiagnosis lawyer may be the next step you need to take.

When Would I Have Grounds To File A Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?

Common diseases should be easy for doctors or medical providers to spot. They know how to look for certain and specific symptoms in a patient, building up their diagnosis with background information.

The more common types of disease or infection that a doctor can be held liable for ignoring or misdiagnosing include:

  • Heart disease, stroke, or heart attack
  • Aneurysms
  • Cancer
  • Infections
  • Meningitis
  • Stomach ulcers
  • Appendicitis

If a medical provider is mistaken or gives the wrong treatment for any of these, a patient may be eligible for compensation, especially if further injury incurred. Even after the proper diagnosis has been made, a doctor can still make a mistake in the moment. Having a heart attack or a stroke may seem like it is past a doctor’s responsibility but their actions in the moment, if quick and appropriate, could have saved a life. Even if a life isn’t lost, a medical provider’s actions could have prevented side effects or symptoms that a patient will have to suffer through. If a doctor fails to act or makes a clearly negligent, rash decision in a situation, he could be held responsible. Medical bills, death of a loved one, further injury or loss of wages are difficult things to deal with.

Our Minnesota lawyer is available to talk with you about how you might receive restitution for these expenses. If you believe you deserve or are eligible for compensation, fill out a free case evaluation form or contact us by phone.