Trusted, Compassionate & Relentless Injury Counsel

What Damages Can I Claim for a Personal Injury Case?

On Behalf of | Oct 7, 2013 | Personal Injury

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident or other personal injury accident you may be wondering, “What damages will I be able to claim?” In personal injury accidents in the state of Minnesota you may have the right to file a lawsuit or claim to recover damages for medical expenses, property damage, loss of wages, and other costs you were forced to incur as a result of your injuries. The general basis used to determine what damages can be claimed is whatever it would take to bring you back to the physical condition you were in prior to the accident.

There are also certain noneconomic damages which can be claimed for pain & suffering, mental anguish, emotional stress, permanent disfigurement or loss of mobility, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment of life and more. In wrongful death cases the state does not allow family members to recover damages for pain & suffering, or grief after losing a loved one, however it does allow compensation to cover medical costs, burial expenses, loss of income or support, companionship, and more. Either way, an attorney from the firm will be able to advise you of the specific benefits and damages to which you may be entitled, as well as assist you in pursuing punitive damages should your case warrant it.

To improve your chances of being awarded the maximum damages for your case, it is important to have an experienced attorney who is an aggressive advocate for victim rights. The attorneys at Rob Roe Law, LLC have represented over 1,000 personal injury victims over the years and they have worked hard to recover millions in damages on behalf of their clients. If you have sustained serious injuries in an accident in St. Paul, MN, contact the firm and schedule to meet with a St. Paul personal injury attorney at once.