St. Paul Dangerous Drug Lawyer
Have you been injured by a dangerous drug?
Many people rely on prescription drugs to get rid of sickness or pain, but some pharmaceutical drugs are unsafe and can have damaging consequences. For a drug to be dangerous, the effects of the drug are thought to be more harmful then they are helpful. Frequently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finds more and more medications that can be considered dangerous and in need of warning labels.
- Some of the dangerous drugs that have already been discovered are:
- Accutane: used to treat severe acne but can cause depression, birth defects, and many other side effects
- Actos: anti-diabetic drug used for Type 2 diabetes that can create an increased risk of bladder cancer
- Azithromycin: anti-infection drug used for bacterial infections in the ears, eyes, skin, throat, and lungs. FDA determined that this drug can cause a patient to go into cardiac arrest
- Ephedra: used for weight loss and enhancement in athletic performances but it has serious side effects and some related deaths
- Fen Phen: used for weight loss but has a link to serious heart valve damage
- Fixodent: used as denture cream but can cause nerve damage because of zinc intake
- Humira: medication for autoimmune disorders such as arthritis; it can lead to infections that can spread
- Paxil: used as an anti-depressant that can increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior by affecting chemicals in the brain
- Vioxx: used to reduce substances that cause inflammation and pain; it can increase the risk of cardiovascular problems
- Zoloft: anti-depression drug for people with mental illnesses; it has been linked to birth defects
These are just some of the dangerous drugs that have been discovered, but the FDA continues to find more. The problem of dangerous drug distribution is severe and devastating, as millions of people suffer from related injuries each year. Drug companies are required to adequately test their products to ensure the safety of it for consumers but many drug makers do not, and subsequently release defective drugs out onto the market. Drug companies like this need to be held responsible for their actions and all the injuries they may be causing.
Some of the terrible effects that can come from these dangerous drugs include:
- Heart attacks
- Birth defects
- Kidney failure
- Psychological problems
- Cardiovascular complications
These are some of the most common effects, but there are many others that various dangerous drugs can cause.
How to Combat a Dangerous Drug Injury
If you have suffered harmful side effects from a dangerous drug, you might be able to receive compensation for your suffering. The levels and types of compensation can vary based on the effects caused by the dangerous drug.
You can fight to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Recovery and ongoing care expenses
- Pain and suffering
It could be difficult to combat a drug company on your own, but with the help of an experienced St. Paul dangerous drugs lawyer, you can build a solid case. Rob Roe Law, LLC has more than 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of the injured and we are dedicated to advocating for innocent people who have unfairly been injured due to the negligence of others.
Attentive & Experienced- Maria M.
Friendly & Professional- Jimmy H.
Honest, Knowledgeable & Passionate- Judy Roberts